Daylight Savings Time change Info
Changing the time and date on your Samsung Telephone System From any Display handset follow these instructions with the handset down With the handset “on hook” ie hung up
Dial 200 then 1234 1
The display then shows the layout for the date and time as below WMMDDYYHHMM
W = Day of week with “1” being Monday
MM = Month
DD = Date of Month
YY = Year
HH = Hour
MM = Minute
Enter the current time and date as per this layout Ie Tuesday 29th March 2005 @ 1:32 pm is 2 03 29 05 1332
Then press TRSF to save
From Operator Telephone
Select on screen menu
Select Operator then enter password (default password HELP1954)
Select Clock then change time using left/right key and Ok key.
Press hangup key to exit.
From Reception Phone
Dial 041 then Date (Eg. 100315 = 3 Oct 2015)
Dial Time HHMM
SL1100, SV8100, SV9100
Enter the 2 digits for the hour in military time (00-24)
Enter the 2 digits for the minutes 00-59
Press SPEAKER to hang up.
For example to change the time to 3:30 PM you would enter the following
Dial 728 15 30
Xen Axis, Alpha, Master & IPK
Set Time & Date:
Press FEATURE button
Dial 9 and # button
Use dial buttons to enter Hours and Minutes
Press RECALL button to change AM/PM
Press HOLD button to change Date
Press RECALL button to change Day of Week
Press # button to move cursor to date
Enter Date using dial buttons
Press RECALL button to change Month
Press # to move cursor to Year
Dial last 2 digits of year
Press FEATURE button
Press the SPEAKER key
Dial two digits for the hour (24 hour clock, 13 = 1 pm)
Dial 2 digits for the minutes (00-60)
Press SPEAKER to hang up
Dial two digits for the hour (00-24)
Dial two difits for the minutes (00-60)
Press SPK to hang up
To Set the Time and Date:
(When entering into programming mode do not lift the receiver )
- From the Programming Station press the Programming Key Press the Scroll Down Key until System Programming is displayed
- Select System Programming (using grey menu key next to display)
- Enter the System Programming Password – 1111.
- If System Programming Password fails and display shows Invalid on display contact AST Technologies for assistance 1300 338 266.
- Select System (using grey menu key next to display)
- Select Time and Date (using grey menu key next to display)
- Enter the correct time in 24-hour format, (e.g. 1:30pm as 1330). The display will prompt for date to be entered
- Enter in the correct date in DDMMYY format, (e.g. 1 January 2001, 010101) The display will now revert back to programming menu.
- Press [HANDSFREE] key to finish programming.
- Note: Following a system reset, the time shown will be 12:00 with the date 01-01-99.
- In the event of a power failure, you will need to reset the time and date.
- Text in a BOX indicates relevant area from keystation display Please refer to page 54 in the Commander Connect Owners Handbook for information.
Coming soon….May 12, 2020
UNIVERGE BLUE CONNECT Staying connected and productive UNIVERGE BLUE® CONNECT combines your phone system, chat, video, screen sharing, file management and conference calling into a seamless experience that fits with your business size, needs, and work style. Get customizable, scalable cloud-based […]
COVID19: Cybersecurity Tips Working RemotelyApril 2, 2020
As the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic continues to interrupt everyday life, millions of employees have had to start working outside the office. For many, that’s a new concept and they may not be as cautious as they are in the office […]
Customer surveys, how to get the most out of them…September 21, 2018
From Measurement to Action: Using Customer Surveys to Improve Customer Experience When properly used, customer surveys can greatly improve upon customer experience. The trick is to make the survey as quick, painless, and straightforward as possible and then utilize the […]
End Of Life for ISDN ServicesSeptember 20, 2018
Are you Ready? Recent changes to carrier services may have significant impact on your business With the changes to carrier services, you need to select the right solution for your business. You may wish to retain choice in call rates and flexibility in […]
National Broadband Network (NBN)March 2, 2015
What is the NBN? Put simply, fast internet access. In the majority of cases it will be faster than what you are currently getting from your provider. And it is coming, slowly but surely. It will be on your doorstep […]